Special First Over show with Edison Hatter Robert Reid, Jr. and Garnet Barnsdale covering the Huge Friday night with Mandatory Payout Pick 5 and $10,000 Guaranteed Pick 4 (click picture above)
Fraser Downs 3/31/23
Mike Pribozie’s analysis
(2) Chief is Boss is the only one that’s won a race here. Two back was up close when bet. (1) Billy Buxton was closing in latest at 30-1. Kiss that price goodbye now. (5) Buddyville didn’t pass a horse on debut but has room to improve.
(4) Tito Santana just beat these while favored. Stays at same level looking to double up. (1) Juliogetthestretch was roughed up in last. In the mix again for 26% barn. (3) Buddy Light was claimed in last after dud. Won seven last year, still looking for first this year.
(1) Five Star General is the most consistent of these with half his races in the money. Even in last few, needs speed. (4) Cause to Believe gets Campbell back after wide draw. Lost as big chalk two back. (3) L DS Boss is a share type that usually goes off huge odds. Use for exotics.
(7) Outlaw C My Shadow hasn’t lost yet this year. Gets a challenge here from (6) Ittll Be Fine. He went 52 in latest at a micro price. (4) Waitin Ona River kicks home every week. Needs top two to duel and try to pick up the pieces.
Race 5 (Pick 5 Mandatory Payout)
(3) Redstone Arsenal just beat these after shipping in from Century at short odds. Perfect trip helps when favored. (1) Major Winker did all the work in there but couldn’t hold. Needs a trip. (7) Just a Rocket Man steps up off back to back claims with speed. Key to the race. (8) Light My Shadow takes $ at this level but could get ignored off break in latest.
Race 6 (Pick 4 Guaranteed 10k Pool)
(8) Jewels Dragon was claimed and stepped up, sent right to the front in latest. New pilot and no lasix. Capable at a price. (5) Buddys Hope has 46 lifetime wins, raced well two back vs tough foes. (3) Chuck You Farle’s two back line seems too good to be true. Was ok on class rise. (7) Redneck Jim needed last after scratch. Speed and exacta finishes at this level.
(2) One Tough Beachboy looms large with better draw and speed to setup his kick. 27/2 two back to just miss. (6) Shake Shadow N Rol has two straight at this level but a new pilot with Campbell landing on (9) Domi. That one steps up and draws nine after two chalky wins in fast time. Your call here. (8) Handsome Dan is worth a look after solid finish to two year old season and 28 kick in qualifier.
(1) Came a Cavalier seems obvious after dominant win 3/24 in fast time. (2) Sexy AF looms a threat late if able to get away better early. (6) Oh Look At Me was bet and closer in last with driver switch. Hard to ignore with him sticking. (4) Prairie Pursuit shares a lot at this level. Better post here.
(4) Promising Shadow keeps Campbell after short priced loss. Better post here looking to repeat 3/10 effort. (6) Son of a Beach has speed and adds lasix now. Use in multis. (8) Rum N Raisins is in form and on the gate now. Likely involved early again. (1) Dillon James never misses a check and should get a setup. Use on deeper tickets.
378/578/268/1/146 $16.20 for 20c
578/268/1/1468 $36 for $1