Race 5 Matchmaker Consolation
(1) Delitfulcatherin draws inside finally and her last two win this. Ultra game on the lead in last just got picked off late. (4) Mabaline has early speed but needs more late. Looks to grab the pocket again here. (2) Gias Surreal keeps ending up 1st over. That’s not her trip. Does she blast now and try to fight everyone off? (7) Morning Has Broken is a closer that gets YG back. He gave her a great chance to win in Leg three from off the pace.
Race 6 Borgata Consolation #2 (50k purse)
(7) Anothermastrpiece is interesting to me because he showed up every week and was usually in the tougher division. Can use his speed now to upset these. (3) Bee Two Bee is getting checks vs tough ones, toss last line on the front. (5) Splash Brother tried these 4/17 but got his forte blown off by the likely favs in the Final. Not impossible but still needs a trip. (1) Jacks Legend went back to Cd races but gained confidence in last. What will the trip be here?
Race 7 Borgata Consolation (100k purse)
(3) Hemsworth could be a sharp price Play here. Draws better, took down Lochinvar when he seemed unbeatable. Rolled late in leg 5 when a Mile back. (4) American Courage lands here after trainer said he bled in leg four so they held him out last week. He can win but price low. (8) None Bettor was in a blind switch late in leg 5. Numerous instances of trouble in the series. (2) Priceless Beach is a closer with excuses in recent lines. Price should be good enough to use.
Race 8 Matchmaker Final
(3) Doug’s Babe is on a roll right now with three straight in the series and looking better every week. Can sit and move when Dex is ready. (1) Amazing Dream has been amazing in the series but missed the last week to be fresh. Post dictates she roll here and will have plenty of company. (2) Racine Bell looked beaten in last bit kicked late. Could end up a pace casualty here if pushed away from the gate. (5) Lit De Rose is a sharp closer that will be a huge price. She’s capable off best.
Race 9 Borgata Final
(8) Backstreet Shadow is drawn wide but has a monster chance to get the $ at solid odds. His races in legs 3 and 4 of this series were stellar with huge rallies. Just needs some cover and will get a pace to chase. (3) Idealsomemagic has three wins in this series all with different trips. Could be faced with pushing the pace early and that may hurt late. (6) Funatthebeach’s last three are stellar. Huge first up in leg three, grind win in leg four. Just missed in latest when first over again. (1) Covered Bridge wins the draw here, won last two legs with solid brushes. Coming in hot.
Pick 5 (Races 5-9)
Race 5 As: 1 Bs: 2, 4, 7
Race 6 As: 5,7 Bs: 3
Race 7 As: 3,4 Bs: 2,5,8
Race 8 As: 1,3 Bs: 2,4,5
Race 9 3,6,8